Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here.
I hope you’ll look around a bit, and maybe visit often. I’d love you to introduce yourself in
the comments section.
As for me, well I’m a wife of a few decades, and I have one son who is 35 years old. My
husband and I wanted lots of babies, but God had other plans.
I was born and raised in New Orleans, LA, but since I’ve been married, I’ve lived in Texas, Mississippi, Florida, North Carolina, and am now back in my home state.
I majored in journalism, and enjoyed doing freelance writing for a few years. When I blow out my birthday candles, I often wish that someday I’ll get around to writing a book — always a dream of mine.
When I was 25, God came into my life like the sun at dawn — brilliant, yet gentle, tenderly suffusing me with His Light, Warmth and Beauty. I fell passionately in love!
One of the great joys and privileges of my life is my membership in the Secular Discalced Carmelites. I began that journey in 1995, and have now been definitively professed (final promises) for the past thirteen years.
Some of my hobbies are reading, writing, decorating, and traveling. I have a zillion books, 90 percent about God and the spiritual life. The other 10 percent are nutrition/health related. (My second career choice was nutritionist.)
My favorite saint is Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face. You will find her making frequent appearances on my blog posts. She has been sister, mentor and friend to me throughout my spiritual journey.
The happiest hours of my life are spent in the Presence of our Eucharistic Jesus.
Come join me on my “adventure in God,” – to quote the great Carmelite mystic, St. John of the Cross.
There’s no other adventure to compare! That’s a promise!